Thursday, July 23, 2009

30 Minute Easy Run

I am trying to follow the training schedule so that I can get the most out of the program. It is hard to make yourself find the time to do it. When you think about it, 30 minutes is not that long but it seems so hard to find even that amount of time to dedicate to myself. I have making goals for myself but have focused on trying my best to get the work in yet not beating myself up if the day is not long enough.

I learned a lot from the first Wednesday meeting regarding stretches and pace. Ashley and I had planned a 3 mile run but it was cut way short due to lightning which turned into the storm of the century!

I recently told my Dad about this adventure and I learned that he use to run! I knew he ran for exercise but I did not know he did races too! He is very excited that I have signed up for this and that I have such a positive and motivating friend to experience it with! Thanks Ashley!

P.S. We have decided to reward ourselves every 15 miles with something fun like manicures, workout clothes and gadgets. I believe we are very close to our first reward!

1 comment:

  1. I am soo excited that you got to talk with your dad abour running. How awesome!

    I am also extremely proud of you for getting out there and running like you did. It's definitely hard work... but I think it will be sooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete