Sunday, October 25, 2009

1 Week To Go

This weekend I ran the 7 mile route which was the last long run until race day. It felt mostly good and at the turn around I even thought, "that's it?" It was difficult this week because I had inlaws at my house for a week. I had to forfeit most of my workouts and only ran once! This week there are no excuses. I will do something everyday. I will admit I am nervous about race day. I am nervous to be going at this alone and nervous because I remember how I felt at mile 11 in the 12 miler. I have to remember to eat during the run! I can't believe I made it this far. It feels good to commit to something and see it through. I have to say, I am looking forward to getting up at a normal hour on Saturday morning. I will have to think about that during the race. I don't even want to think of it as a "race," that term puts butterflies in my tummy. I will have to think of it as just another leg of the training. Wow, what a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment