Monday, October 19, 2009

Every time I think about not running on November 1, I cry.

I've been going to physical therapy for almost three weeks now. Maybe, I don't remember when I started.

My Dr. cleared me recently to run less than 1 mile (and just today uncleared me). Yesterday Waffles and I ran far less than 1 mile. It felt so good for my body, except the GIANT cramp in my side, but my leg still hurt. It hurt less than it did when I ran 10 miles, but it still hurt.

Today when I went to see the Dr. she got to palpate (my new favorite word) my leg. She said my leg is a little squishy. Squishy = swollen. I KNEW something was wrong with it. I didn't think the whole thing could be just in my back. So, she spent close to 20 minutes massaging the heck out of my leg. It hurt. It's tender and I'm a softie. So, while I did something to my back that pinched a nerve... there's also my IT band. I feel like I am a big bag of mess. I'm only 24 and I feel like I'm 48. Yuck. There's nothing wrong with being 48, except that I AM NOT 48.

Anyway... hopefully we have found what is really wrong and we can go on making it better. She gives me exercises, I do them. We find ones that work, ones that I think are awesome, ones that kind of suck and ones that make my knee hurt worse. My favorite one has been the plank... and the one leg dead lift... which killed my knee but it was awesome. I have the best personal trainer ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment