Saturday, October 3, 2009

hmm...

I wasn't going to write this post until I know what is going on... but I thought I'd write it anyway.

Two weeks ago we ran ten miles. It's by far the farthest I've ever run, and I ran 90% of it. I walked very little and only because I a.) could no longer run straight up b.) was in such pain, I had to walk.

The day after that run, I was in such awful pain, I was limping everywhere. My right knee and thigh hurt immensely. On a scale of 0-10, 10 being the most painful, I was about a 9.

I rest for a week and felt very dull pain all through the week. I thought I was healing. I iced several times and felt much better.

Saturday of last week, I had a trail race that I had signed up for. 4.25 miles, uphill, down hill, around rocks, loose dirt, 92 stairs, etc. After 4 minutes I was back to level 9 pain. I had to limp down the 92 steps and almost started to cry several times. The rest of that day I was at a level 8 or 9. In the car driving to Phoenix I even reached a ten for about .9 seconds. It was awful. I decided to call the doctor and made an appointment for Tuesday. Tuesday I met with my pcp and she said, IT band, shin splints and possible stress fracture. She ordered x-rays, gave me anti inflammatory medication, and schedule physical therapy. She also told me not to run. I let her know that wasn't an option. She had me promise her I wouldn't run until I saw a sports med dr. I could make that promise. The next day I went and got 45873495 x-rays of my right leg.

I have an appointment with the orthopedic doctor on Monday and he'll go over my xrays. I also start physical therapy on Friday. I'm a little nervous because I don't know what he is going to say. I guess we'll see on Monday.


Until then, these guys are waiting for me, patiently. I can't wait to put them back on. When I do, I'm not sure I'll be able to train for the half marathon I had planned, but I will run anyway and get ready for another one. I will do it, because I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment