Saturday, September 26, 2009

10 Miles


Okay, so I am posting to catch up from last weekend because I am a lame-o potato. So, the 10 miles run was challenging but exciting. I enjoyed the rises and falls and turns. I actually started the run out thinking I was only going to do 7 miles. I had had a rough week, told myself this isn't for me, felt bored with it, and tried to find motivation. The previous week we ran 9 miles and I was just plain bored. I wanted to hurl myself over the ledge at the Rillito because the pain would have been more exciting than the run. Yet...I pushed on. I finished the 7 miles leg and decided I felt good why not go all the way? It was great to see 10 miles on my runkeeper. Some of the hills on this route were so intense that at one point I actually laughed out loud. I had to stop and take a few pictures to prove that it was real.

It might be hard to tell with these but the path literally goes straight up!

I felt like I had really accomplish something after this run. I feel like I learned alot. Throughout the course I was thinking about how running is a challenge both physically and mentally. I have been really down the last few weeks trying to find support and motivation but I learned that this about the individual. I need to stop looking for support and provide my own. I can't believe I have made it this far! Ashley, of course, kicked the crap out of this route!

No comments:

Post a Comment