Saturday, September 26, 2009

Everyone Runs Catalina State Park Trail Race

Wow, wow, wow. Ashley and I ran the 4.25 mile trail race and it was intense. This was my first race ever. I absolutely and undoubtedly loved it. For me, this was more exciting and engaging than road running. I ran without music for the first time and it felt wonderful. I was more focused and tuned into my body and breath. The views were amazing and after the dust died down from all the runners, the air was fresh and cool. I enjoyed having to adjust my run because of the terrain and elevation changes. It was almost like a puzzle having to plan my next step. I really liked the rises and falls and jumping over things. 4.25 miles on a trail definitely felt longer than on a road but it was worth it. I used different muscles and felt thoroughly worked out afterwards. They provided a good breakfast, smoothies and Ashley got me a message which was lovely! Below is a picture I took just before the race got underway. I don't know these people but I wanted to remember the atmosphere. I can't wait to do more trail running. I think I could see myself really getting into it. At the moment I am trying to convince my husband to join me.


No comments:

Post a Comment